In the last decade, the techniques of Minimally Invasive Surgery have taken huge leaps. These procedures involve conducting surgeries through small openings to remove organs and perform several surgical procedures, avoiding large wounds and possible scaring
These techniques have the following advantages:
- The patient may be discharged early
- Social life of the patient may restart a few days after surgery
- Patients have fewer complications than with traditional techniques.
Cuba has multidisciplinary medical teams composed of endoscopy surgeons, specialized radiologists, experienced anaesthesiologists, highly trained nursing staff and technicians with expertise and high quality instruments and medical technologies.
The Minimally Invasive Surgery programs include the following:
- Pre-operative screening
- Basic tests
- Surgical specimen biopsy when indicated
- Right to the operating room
- Right to anesthesia
- Surgical procedure
- Recovery accommodation
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- The above program does not include medications for certain conditions such as depression, blood coagulation, etc.
- Medicaments, fluids, blood and derivatives to be used, as well as additional procedure(s) performed not included in the exact treatment would be invoiced separately on upon the conclusion of said treatment / procedure(s)