Accommodation in CubaHeal students’ residence for the 1st year of Spanish Pre-med program is included.
Spanish speaking Student:
The program’s duration is 6.5 years. For Spanish speaking visitors interested in this program, kindly visit our sister company by clicking on the image below: https://chmt-la.com/licenciatura-en-ciencias-farmaceuticas/
La duración del programa es de 6,5 años. Para los visitantes de habla hispana interesados en este programa, visite nuestra empresa hermana haciendo clic en la imagen a continuación:https://chmt-la.com/licenciatura-en-ciencias-farmaceuticas/
Faculty: Institute of Pharmacy and Food (IFAL)
Career: Pharmaceutical Sciences
Qualification: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Certification: Excellence (National Accreditation Board)
Modality: Daytime, Face-to-face (4 years). Course by Encounters-Blended (4 years)
The pharmacist’s object of work includes drugs, supplements, cosmetics and diagnostics, as well as complex matrices that interact with the living organism and the environment.
To clarify this general concept, it is valid to point out that the pharmacist obtains and characterizes substances of therapeutic interest, whether synthetic or of natural origin, designs and develops medicines in different pharmaceutical forms and establishes the systems of quality assurance so that it satisfies the internationally established standards in the most economical way and without affecting the environment; evaluates the pharmacological action through preclinical and clinical studies, its biodistribution, toxicity and its rational use.
It works directly linked to the Health Services and is an integral part of primary health care, as it is closely linked with the doctor and the patient, manages the Health Unit and is the maximum responsible for the dispensing of the medicine.
Modes of action
The Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences is a graduate of broad profile. A professional who must contribute to the socioeconomic development of the country and the improvement of health through his/ her activity in pharmaceutical services and in the design, development, production and control of medicines, supplements, diagnostics and cosmetics. To do this, they must apply and integrate the knowledge acquired during their university studies, as well as the new ones generated from scientific-technical development, through basic and applied scientific research. All this must be done responsibly with society and the environment, attending to the principles of professional ethics and interacting with other professionals in multidisciplinary work teams.
The Career is based on the study of basic subjects, mainly in the first two years, which serve as a theoretical basis for specialty subjects. The upper years are characterized by a solid and comprehensive training in the theoretical aspects of the different subjects that comprise the specialty and a wide practical activity for the formation of skills in the future graduate, which are complemented by the integrating subject of the career: Pharmaceutical Labor Practice, in which students receive professional training in Dispensary Pharmacies, Hospitals, Pharmaceutical Industry and Research Centers. The studies culminate, with the Defense of a Diploma Work, experimental.
The Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences is qualified to perform among others the following functions:
- Program, direct and execute the technical and organizational tasks of the Community and Hospital Pharmaceutical Services and pharmaceutical production.
- Participate in research, teaching, development, production and services.
- Obtain and characterize active ingredients and other products of pharmaceutical interest, through chemical synthesis, biotechnology and / or isolation from natural sources.
- Design, develop and consistently produce medicines, supplements, cosmetics and diagnostics at both the dispensary and industrial levels.
- Manage, ensure and control the quality of medicines, supplements, cosmetics and diagnostics during the processes of preparation, release, storage, distribution and dispensing.
- Evaluate from the pharmacological, biopharmaceutical and toxicological point of view medicines and other products of pharmaceutical interest through preclinical and clinical studies.
- Participate in scientific- technical information and/or commercialization tasks, related to their fields of action.
- Schedule and execute the own tasks to guarantee the supply of medicines in situations of natural disasters.
- Provide patient-oriented pharmaceutical services related to drug-therapeutic follow-up and the rational use of medications.
- Ensure compliance with the current regulatory framework, through its participation in state pharmaceutical inspections, the sanitary authorization of new products and their surveillance in the market.
Areas of action
The pharmacist can develop his functions in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, in the cosmetics industry, in the control of medicines and the pharmacological evaluation of their action, interacting in multidisciplinary teams with other professionals.
Fields of action
The essence of the pharmacist’s object of work derives from his fields of action in: biomedical sciences, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmaceutical technology, pharmaceutical analysis, pharmacological sciences, pharmaceutical biotechnology, social pharmacy and education.
An exclusive field of action of the pharmacist is the Pharmaceutical Services: Community and Hospital, since he is the only professional with the training required to be able to interact with the other members of the health team, as the maximum responsible for the medicine.
Due to their solid and comprehensive training, and the high development of health services, the pharmaceutical industry and the biotechnology industry fundamentally, there is currently a high demand for these professionals. His participation in research and teaching groups stands out.
CAREER: PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
QUALIFICATION: BACHELOR OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
TYPE OF COURSE: DAY TIME COURSE
DURATION OF THE DEGREE: 4 YEARS
Prior to the student’s arrival:
- Ensure adequate accommodation in or near the school.
- Keep constant line of communication with the university’s administration to confirm seat reservation.
- Arranging for airport pickup
Upon the Student’s Arrival:
- Airport pickup
- An orientation session to familiarize the student with:
- CubaHeal team.
- local transportation.
- Other aspects relating to and city’s facilities as well as relevant immigration and legal laws that must be adhered to in the Republic of Cuba.
- Establishment of bank
- Stand as a permanent point of reference for the student should a need arises.
- Stand as a permanent point of reference to the student’s relatives overseas should the need arises.
For students interested in the above program, kindly note the following:
Click on and fill out STUDENT APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO A MEDICAL PROGRAM form;
CubaHeal requests an initial deposit of CA $ 135.00 for the submission of all university admittance forms. To that end, please be aware of the following:
- Should the Cuban Academic Services Authorities (CASA) approve a student, and should the student agree to the enrollment’s terms and conditions, the initial deposit will be deducted from the total cost of the 1st year of the program.
- Should the Cuban Academic Services Authorities (CASA) refuse the enrollment of a student, CubaHeal will refund the full amount less any applicable transfer fees.
- Should the student reject the educational program proposed by the Cuban Academic Services Authorities (CASA), CubaHeal reserves the right to retain the deposit and treat it as a consultation fee.